Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Blog #1: Your Abilities as a Writer

When it comes to writing, one word to describe me would be procrastination. I have a problem with putting off writing to the very last miute. I usually make it work, but of course, it could be better. I like to believe that I am a talented writer, but I know I could do a lot better. In Honors last year, I learned a lot more about how to become a better writer. I listened to all of it, but I didn't use all of the examples like I should have. When I sit down to write, it doesn't take me long to get in the "flow" of writing. I usually do a little bit of pre writing, such as research or journals. I like to make a web of what I am going to write. I feel like that is the most useful way to organize my thoughts and make sure that my topics aren't too similar. It usually doesn't take me long to write my paper, even though I will have a lot of revisions to be made. I find it easy to add fluf to my paper to make it seem longer. I am hoping to learn how to stop doing that this year.

I have a lot of hope for this English class. I am hoping to get a lot out of this class and use it throughout the rest of my college career. I am excited to learn about the different styles of essays and give them a try. I hope that I will expand my knowledge about the types of writing and how to become a better writer. I am coming into this class with a P.M.A (positive mental attitude), and I hope that it will stay that way throughout the semester. I am looking forward to this class and really hope to benefit from all of the opportunities this class has to offer.

1 comment:

  1. We'll be covering a lot of essay writing, so you'll be getting lots of practice with different styles of writing. 10/10

    ReplyDelete